Mkomazi National Park Facts
- Established as a game reserve in 1951
- Upgraded to National Park: 2006
- Size: 3,245 square kilometers
- Geographical location: 120 km East of Moshi town
Arrival in Tanzania (Northern Regions)
You will be picked up at the Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Moshi town. You will meet your driver guide who will brief you on your upcoming safari, then rest until the next day morning.
Day 1: Mkomazi National Park Game drive
After breakfast the tour departs. The Mkomazi National Park has a spectacular wilderness. Within sight to the northwest is Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest summit. The park falls into Mkomazi-Tsavo Ecosystem, which is the second largest trans-boundary ecosystem in East Africa After the famous one, Serengeti- Mara Ecosystem. Together with Tsavo. Common animals are African wild dogs, black rhinoceros, common eland, spotted hyena, hartebeest, African elephants, zebras and with lucky you can spot other animals like dik dik, topi and wildebeests. Tourists are able to watch rhinos at close range.
The park has over 400 registered bird species in total. Among them are northern dry-country specials such as Shelle’s starling and three streaked tchagra. This makes it fantastic place for bird watchers. Also, hornbills, weaver birds, hguinea fowl, martial eagles and the purple Eurasian hoopoe are habitants of the park.
Dinner and overnight at 4.8 STARS LODGE/HOTEL in Moshi town
Departure to the Airport
Morning after breakfast the driver will pick you up and drive you to the airport to catch your flight.
Price per person
|PAX||1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX|
|PRICE||845 $||650 $||552 $||528 $||513 $||504 $|
The Price Above Includes The Following:
- Pickup and drop off from Kilimanjaro Airport
- Accommodation on arrival and departure day
- Transportation in 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (Full Board)
- Mineral water
- Overnight stays in 4.8 STARS Safari Lodges / Tented Lodges
The Price Above Does Not Include The Following:
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance.
- Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.